Glossy Box or Birchbox?
In last few years the demand and sales of the beauty products have skyrocketed and as per the report of the British Beauty Council, £2.2 billion were spent in the United Kingdom on beauty services and products during the year 2018, which clearly shows that there are a lot of people who are obsessed with beauty and many of them requested to provide my thoughts on which beauty subscription boxes is the best option to go with.
After I got a lot of requests, I started searching and here’s what I found out.
Before getting deeper into to question we need to actually understand the types of boxes. I’ve gone through a lot of beauty boxes but there are only two in which I got stucked, Glossybox and the Birchbox. To be very honest it was really difficult for me to make a final decision on them that’s why I thought I’ll explain both with their pros and cons so let’s dive in a bit deeper and have a look what I found out.
Glossybox allows you to treat yourself with a perfect combination of deluxe and full sized beauty product samples from top brands. Each month they deliver you a value box loaded with latest makeup products, tools and beauty creams and the best thing is that it only costs you £13.25 per month.
Let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
• With Glossybox subscription, you will receive a box containing top products from national and international brands.
• They will deliver you a box loaded with products of worth up to £47 and you won’t receive any product twice.
• Each month with your beauty box you will receive a coupon code which can be spent to buy other products, which is quite interesting in my opinion
• Glossybox doesn’t send you the products according to your profile as they send you a blend of products.
• If you are willing to buy some specific products then you’ll need to visit each brand’s website accordingly as Glossybox doesn’t allow you to buy a specific item.
Honestly speaking when it comes to beauty boxes, the Birchbox will be always on the top of the list and there’s no second thought on it but like other it also has some pros and cons. Birchbox allows you to get their monthly subscription at only £12.95 a month and once you’ve subscribed to their service you will receive a beautiful box each month at your doorsteps containing 2 high quality beauty and life style samples. The best thing is that these samples will be picked according to your profile and other than samples you will also receive some coupons which you can use on your next purchase to buy some of your favorite products.
Unlike Glossybox, Birchbox offers you three different plans to go with which are monthly subscription, three months and six months subscription plan.
• Once you have subscribed to their service, each month you will get a perfect blend of products according to your choice and if you want to try a specific product before you actually buy it then these samples are the best option for you.
• The interesting thing about Birchbox is that you will earn reward points for reviewing products and you can use them to purchase a lot of other full sized products and not only that, you will also receive £15 for referring each friend, I also used a coupon I receive and I got a beautiful makeup bag in exchange of my coupon code.
• Also if you purchase their products to certain amount, you will get a lot of promo codes which can spent to get yourself popular titles.
• With Birchbox the product samples you will receive each month from huge brands are small in size.
• The turning point of Birchbox is that the amount you will pay each month to get the products from Birchbox, the amount will be same if you buy them individually.
So this was all the things I noticed in both of the boxes as I have subscribed to both of them. Frankly speaking if I tell you about my personal preference then it’s the Glossybox for sure as the products you will receive each month, costs up to 47 pounds usually and they are always high-quality and full-sized ones as compared to the Birchbox. So yes in my opinion Glossybox is better than Birchbox.
You can also share your thoughts with me by using the comments section below and I’d love to hear from you too.